Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 11 showing incorrect date/time

Hi Guys,

I just recently purchased a MBP Retina and have upgraded to Mountain Lion & iMovie 11. My problem is after importing videos from my Sony HD camera I stamp the footage with the time/date stamp but it is showing incorrectly. The date is correct bnut the time seems to be 12hours off for most of it and only a couple hours off at the end. I have checked the date and time of the clip buy turning on "Playhead Info" from the menu and it shows correct when I hover the mouse over the clips but shows wrong in the canvas??

Any ideas.

Thanks

PI777

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:29 AM

40 replies

Aug 1, 2012 10:05 AM in response to PI777

I've been using this date/time stamp feature for over a year with no problems. Just recently, I am having an identical issue to what you described. Some other threads about this same issue are pointing to a recent iMovie update that introduced this bug.

It's not ideal, but I have resorted to using the "Adjust Clip Date and Time" from the file menu. The only good thing is that all my clips were off by exactly 3 hours. I was able to select multiple clips and adjust the hours for all of them.

Hopefully the Apple iMovie team will take note and fix this in an update.

Sep 1, 2012 8:46 PM in response to dennisraustin

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Just bought new Macbook Pro with Retina Display, Os X Mountain Lion. I verified that the video dates/times are correct using the Adjust Clip Date and Time in iMovie, however for some reason, iMovie is adding 3 hours to the time when it displays it.

I also hope that the Apple iMovie team will take note of this glitch and fix this in an update soon!!

Sep 12, 2012 2:31 AM in response to nor500

Same problem here except I am still using Lion (10.7.4). I just imported a ton of recent home/family videos into iPhoto '11 (9.2.3) all of which have accurate date/time info. When I open iMovie '11 (9.0.4) and it generates the thumbnails all of the video clips generated are behind by exactly 7 hours. For example, if the clip in iPhoto is 3:41 AM Sept. 7, 2012 (correct) it displays a created data in iMovie as 8:41 PM Sept. 6, 2012. My Time Zone and date/time settings are correct.

This is inexcusable.

Oct 25, 2012 5:22 AM in response to PI777

the video clips show correct date in iPhoto Sep 3, Sep 4 etc. However, after importing them into iMovie '09 (8.0.6) in the event folder, all videos show as Sep 10 12:07 AM, all of them. I notice that when I add the date and time effect over the video clip.

finally my wife convinced me to switch to Mac from PC, because it can apparently handle media related tasks much better. Now am finding there is a bug for video date since over 1 year and still not resolved. Bugs can happen, but something simple like that should be addressed promptly via an update (usisng date stamp of video created vs. date imported), specially if the dates are showing correctly in iphoto.

iMovie 11 showing incorrect date/time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.