Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Connect to iTunes Store

Hello I have a iPhone 4. I am trying to install an application into my iphone. Everytime I go to do this it fives me a Cannot Connect to iTunes Store. The iphone is attachted to a working connection. I have done several restores and sync on the phone to the itunes account. Still not luck suggestions? User uploaded file

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:12 AM

34 replies

Aug 10, 2012 11:37 PM in response to geoff.locke

Hi Geoff,

I tried a few solutions on the support site like changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, rebooting the wifi and the iPad, enabling restrictions and disabling them etc. but nothing seems to be working. I'm glad this isn't a region specific thing, I'm having this problem in India with my one day old iPad (3) and am using my home wifi. Just like a lot of the users above I can connect to apps store, iCloud, surf websites etc. but no luck with access to iTunes.

Have you got a solution yet?

Oct 7, 2012 12:29 PM in response to geoff.locke

Yess. Found a solution after trying everything. Can't remember where i found it but do the following:

Go to settings, click on wi fi

There is a blue tick and arrow against the connection you are using. Click on the arrow

Where it says ip address make sure DHCP is selected

Look for DNS and select

That will bring up the keyboard.

Delete everything and type the following- 8.8.8.8

Don't forget the full stops.

Things should be working now. Hope this has helped someone.

Cannot Connect to iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.