Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do videos on my iPad pause every five seconds

When I try to watch an online ot iTunes video on my iPad it pauses every few seconds

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:34 AM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2014 6:58 AM in response to Nicksaunderslapt

Dear Nick,

Do you have many apps running in the background? Many iPad users aren't aware that apps are still running after you have moved on to another app. By double tapping the home button you can see all of the apps that are running, and swipe them away to the top of the screen to shut them down. My apologies if you're way beyond knowing this. When I first learned of if, I had a whopping 85 apps running!

Also, iPads can be positional if you're not near your router. I've been able to improve my connection just by turning 90˚.

HTH

Kate

Jul 13, 2014 7:20 AM in response to Nicksaunderslapt

iPad running slow? How to speed up a slow iPad

http://appletoolbox.com/2012/07/ipad-running-slow-how-to-speed-up-a-slow-ipad/

If You Think iOS 7 Feels Slow Here’s How to Speed It Up

http://osxdaily.com/2013/09/23/ios-7-slow-speed-it-up/

You may have many apps open which can possibly cause the slowdown and possibly the loss of wifi. In iOS 4-6 double tap your Home button & at the bottom of the screen you will see the icons of all open apps. Close those you are not using by pressing on an icon until all icons wiggle - then tap the minus sign. For iOS 7 users, there’s an easy way to see which apps are open in order to close them. By double-tapping the home button on your iPhone or iPad, the new multitasking feature in iOS 7 shows full page previews of all your open apps. Simply scroll horizontally to see all your apps, and close the apps with a simple flick towards the top of the screen.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Why do videos on my iPad pause every five seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.