Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone somehow hacked into my iPod from an different location and saw everything that I was doing even down to my browsing. How do I prevent this from happening?

I've gotten really tired of people getting into mu stuff. I have a life and I would like for it to be kept private from others that are not wanted.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:03 AM

How do you know somebody hacked your actual iPod? I have never heard of that happening to anybody, especially if you haven't jailbroken the device. Are you sure they didn't just hack a specific account you may have used or accessed on the device such as your Apple ID or email?

B-rock

11 replies

Jul 25, 2016 4:29 PM in response to Softbaaaall15

Hey guys! I have iPod touch 4... 5 days ago i received an email that my ipod was in lost mode. I didnt pay attention. Next day the ipod was restored and locked. A message in russian blackmailing me if i wanted the passcode i had to email them. A friend of mine downloaded the ios and he could restore it today.. i changed my apple id. In a couple of hours of being restored (today) another email : "lost mode failed" wth? These ppl insists in hacking me?? Again? I Deleted find my iphone and also I put it in airplane mode. I dont want to lose it again. I paid this friend to recover my ipod? What can i dl to prevent and avoid being hacked agai

Jul 26, 2016 1:20 AM in response to Softbaaaall15

If Continuity is set up on a Mac using the same ID, Safari sites visited on the iPod will/can be shown on the Mac.

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

Seems like you Apple ID account was hacked..

Make sure you have strong security questions that can't be readily found (your mother's maiden name is NOT good).

Make sure that you have strong passwords and security questions for the email accounts associated with your ID so they can't hack into them to gain control of your Apple ID.

Someone somehow hacked into my iPod from an different location and saw everything that I was doing even down to my browsing. How do I prevent this from happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.