Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invisible text in Pages/iWork '08 on OS 10.8 Mountain Lion...

Hi. I installed iWork '08 with Pages, Numbers and Keynote on my newest Mac running Mountain Lion. I entered my serial number and the installation completed.

My problem is none of the applications are working properly: they all load and open but once opened they do not allow any noticeable input...

In Pages it appears like the text I type is not being inputted in the document at all, but when I highlight the page with the mouse I can see the text revealed. So the text is all white, or rather, invisible. I did not change the text colour or anything - it is set at default black. This problem happens both when creating a new document and also when opening an old one - all the text is invisible/hidden unless highlighted with the mouse. And when I try to change the highlighted text from black to red it still stays white/invisible.

How can I fix this?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:51 AM

3 replies

Aug 13, 2012 12:13 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

I have this problem too. Re-installed iWork 08 after upgrading to Mountain Lion. Everything is white and does or very faded in display. I updated the software and it didn't help me. There were only updates for Numbers and Pages but I'm having this problem in Numbers too. Pages seems to work after the update. But there wasn't a Numbers update at the app store. Any ideas what I can try next?

Invisible text in Pages/iWork '08 on OS 10.8 Mountain Lion...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.