Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change the slideshow options in Preview (Mountain Lion)?

Hi,

I recently downloaded the 10.8 update, and am finding that while the changes to Preview were an improvement over the Preview that shipped with Lion, the slideshow format in this version of Preview is problematic.

There are several options that I would like to adjust, but I just can't seem to find the appropriate menu, as the Preview options menu does not address these:

- Transitions between slides

- Looping of slides

- Time spent per slide

- Adjust between full-screen and resolution-set image sizes

- Index Sheet view

- Keyboard control of slide progression (arrow keys work the same, but the Play/Pause commands appear to be mouse-only)

I have never found these in preivous versions of Preview, but now that the Preview that shipped with Snow Leopard no longer works in the 10.8 environment, it seems that it's time to get in and adjust these settings.

There's also a glitch where it flashes the previous slide occasionally when advancing automatically. This seems to me to be due to the overly fancy fade-in-then-sharpen transition, but could just be a general glitch. It's not the end of the world, but if anyone knows how to fix it, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 10:46 AM

There are no replies.

Change the slideshow options in Preview (Mountain Lion)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.