Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal sending invitation from no longer existent email alias. How can I fix that?

I've had my me.com email account for almost 4 years now. Of course I've been using iCloud for the past year. The only issue I have at the moment is with my iCal invitations. I used to have an email alias that I no longer use but have deleted it a long time ago. Now when I sent iCal invites recently, people got it as if they were sent from my old alias. Could someone please tell me how to make the invitations be sent from my actual email account?

Thanks!!

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 12:19 PM

18 replies

Sep 19, 2014 9:10 PM in response to SorinC

Same problem here, with the following twist. The Calendar invitation will be sent from a different old email alias, depending on which device I send it from. Three different old email aliases depending on whether I sent the invitation from my Mac, iPad or iPhone.

And in my case, these email aliases are ones I deleted long ago and do not appear in my list of email aliases when I look at my apple id on iCloud.com

On a random possibly related basis, when I use the app Find My Friends, all of my old (and deleted) email aliases appear -- including the three shown when I send a Calendar invitation. Not sure whether that has to do with anything, but it is the only other place where any old deleted email aliases appear.

Any solution?

Mar 14, 2015 6:34 AM in response to msudarsh

There is no resolution. I've contacted support several times and escalated this to Tim Cook's executive office escalation team last fall with zero results.

The assistant in Tim Cook's office engaged a senior engineer and then a week or two later came back with the same standard answer that I received from support more than FOUR years ago "Apple is aware of the issue and is working on it and we have no estimated timeframe for resolution".

In short, Apple is and had been aware of this problem for four years and basically doesn't care enough to invest resources in fixing what is likely an issue with multiple databases not being synched up and needing to be purged of deleted aliases. Any engineering team actually working on such a simple issue could probably have it fixed in a few weeks.

Jun 28, 2015 5:23 PM in response to SorinC

Someone in a parallel thread related to the Find My Friends app, suggested that you re-add the deleted alias back to your apple id, then delete it. Supposedly the particular alias will be permanently deleted. However, this didn't work for me. But I thought I'd pass this along in the event it works for somebody.

iCal sending invitation from no longer existent email alias. How can I fix that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.