Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion doesn't detect displays on startup

I use my MacBook Pro extensively in clamshell mode, and when I did this in Lion, the integrated screen would stay off whenever I turned onb the computer because the lid was closed. However, in Mountain Lion, the screen stays on despite the fact that the lid is closed. Is there anyway to force my Mac to detect displays on start up?

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 12:22 PM

4 replies

Aug 14, 2012 2:19 AM in response to Barrieau

I've just upgraded to Mountain Lion on my late 2011 MacBookPro. I've tried hitting the Option key and the Detect Displays button appears. However, no amount of clicking, unplugging, replugging, turning the external display off and on works. Also resetting the PRAM settings doesn't help either.

As I had a few hours headaches yesterday when Parallels was rejected by Mountain Lion, I'm very seriously considering reverting to my previous setup. At the moment I can think of absolutely no benefits in Mountain Lion from my point of view

Mountain Lion doesn't detect displays on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.