Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My "Library" is missing in Finder. How do I get it to show up?

My "Library" is not showing up when I bring up Finder. I was able to find the Library by Shift/Command/G while in Finder. When I found it, the word "Library" was greyed out and would not let me access it. However, when I dragged it to the sidebar, i can now access it.

How do I get the Library to show up where it is supposed to?User uploaded file

When I click on "Get Info" about the Library, it is greyed out there as well.

I have a MacBook, and the software is up to date on Lion.

User uploaded file

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:05 PM

Okay, I found a solution from another user question. The guess is that Apple did it on purpose so people like me wouldn't mess the library up. lol

It can be accessed by going to Finder, click on the word GO in the Menu/Title Bar at the top of the screen. Then the drop down menu comes up for GO. While the drop down is showing, CLICK AND HOLD OPTION. There you see the Library. However, if you let go of the Option key, Library disappears again.

Thanks for the help community!!! 😉

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2012 1:05 PM in response to ImaScrapperGirl

Okay, I found a solution from another user question. The guess is that Apple did it on purpose so people like me wouldn't mess the library up. lol

It can be accessed by going to Finder, click on the word GO in the Menu/Title Bar at the top of the screen. Then the drop down menu comes up for GO. While the drop down is showing, CLICK AND HOLD OPTION. There you see the Library. However, if you let go of the Option key, Library disappears again.

Thanks for the help community!!! 😉

My "Library" is missing in Finder. How do I get it to show up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.