Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Artwork not showing up

The album artwork is showing up in iTunes, but when I go to transfer to the iphone, no artwork at all. Why is this? Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:24 PM

8 replies

Jul 30, 2012 2:10 PM in response to MacMasterE

Are these albums purchased though iTunes Store?

If the are not that may be the issue...

Well, if you've upgraded to iTunes 7, the easiest way is to go to Preferences (found in the iTunes menu). The fourth checkbox from the bottom should read "Automatically download missing album artwork". If you check it, you'll get a message letting you know that information will be sent to Apple (namely the identity of album tracks that don't have artwork). Click "Yes" and you're Mac goes to work. Additionally, if you download a new album (and are online), iTunes will automatically check and add the artwork for that album as well.

Sep 19, 2012 10:27 AM in response to MacMasterE

I have spent hours trying to get my artwork back. I have several thousand songs, all artwork shows up in iTunes. Something happened, not sure if it was an iTunes update or ios. But now no artwork shows up on my phone. I have googled and read the threads here, none of the suggestions has worked. I have unsyncd and resyncd and upgraded tags on the files, made sure bitrate conversion is off (it never was on), etc.

Seriously, Apple?

Oct 2, 2012 9:11 AM in response to MacMasterE

I've had the same issues that you're experencing, but I may have found a solution. Instead of dragging the cover art from the desktop onto the iTunes Artwork box; try highlighting all the songs and right clicking>get info>drag cover art to this box. It takes a few more seconds to process than normal, but the image remains without reverting to that generaic JPEG image.

Album Artwork not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.