Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an IR receiver and an Apple Remote, and I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

I bought an IR receiver and an Apple Remote, and I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong? The receiver is a Lenovo eHome OVU430006/01 USB IR Receiver.

PowerBook G4 (15-inch 1.5/1.33 GHz), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 2:16 PM

Hello,

I can't see this working, I believe your IR receiver is intended for PC running Windows. Unless I'm wrong and the reliever has mac drivers, personally I couldn't find any for this particular model.

Without mac drivers I don't think it will work.

Best of luck

4 replies

Jul 31, 2012 12:53 AM in response to DeckerDog97

Hello,

You would need to pair the Apple Remote with the receiver. So I would use the generic Mac/PC receiver and follow these instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1619

If that doesn't work then check in System Profiler to see if the IR receiver has been recognized by the PowerBook's hardware. You may require the install of drivers for this device to be recognized.

Best of luck

I bought an IR receiver and an Apple Remote, and I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.