This is the reply I received, and it worked for me:
I'm sorry that you weren't able to reset your security questions. I know it must be frustrating not being able to remember the answers, and I will certainly get you to the correct team to help.
For security reasons, you'll need to contact our Account Security team.
You can speak to an Account Security Advisor by calling our AppleCare technical support team. To find the right phone number for your country, see this article:
Contacting Apple for support and service
When you call, ask to speak to the Account Security team.
They will need to verify two of the following: Device serial number( if one is set up with your account information), one security question answer, and/ or a credit card number you have on file.
****( Add if Credit card is not on file) **
I see that you do not have credit card information on your account, you can add this by :
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes. It can be downloaded free of charge from the Apple website:
2) Verify that you have an active network connection and open iTunes.
3) From the Store pull-down menu at the top, select Sign In.
4) Enter your account name and password then click Sign In.
5) From the Store menu, select View My Account.
6) Enter your account name and password again, then click View My Account.
7) On your Apple Account Information page, click Edit Payment Information. Here you can add your card.
You may remove this after speaking to the Account Security team, and verifying your account with them.
That is what I eventually had to do. The stupid part was that I had to add a credit card to the account (something I didn't want to do) and have the person on the phone use that to verify my identity in order to reset the security questions. I was able to remove the card right after that and get the questions reset.
The good news is that the new security questions aren't as stupid as the old ones, and this time I wrote down my answers. :-)
Hi Bob, You can try the following steps which will surely get your issue resolved:
Contact the Account security team of Apple thru the following link:
2)Select iTunes store
3) On right hand side you will get iTunes store image. kindly select it
4)select Account management
5) you will need to select "Lost or forgotten Apple ID password" in the sub options
6).then entre more detyails in the space given below.
7) You need to select the country
8) you will get options to call Apple support team
9)You need to verify the details inorder to get this reset and its a " live Phone Support"
Note: Should expect high wait time. hope this helps you:)