Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have placed items in the trash can and I want them restored to their original file folders. How can I do this?Ihave a Macbook with the Mac OS X 10.5.8 software on it.

Please help me. I know I can place them on the desk top, and return each file one-by-one, but is time consuming. My time machine was backedup back in september, and I don't want to lose pics I took and saved since then. Please let me know if thre is a "restore" or "put back" feature on the Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Kind Regards,

Steve

MacBook (13-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:50 PM

2 replies

Jul 30, 2012 2:44 PM in response to stavros97

I don't think "Put Back" is available in 10.5. Might try Cmd-delete (but if Put Back is not available, I guess the shortcut won't be either.) If the shortcut works, you must restore them one by one.

If they are not from your user, you do not want to move them first to the Desktop and then move them to their original locations. Doing so will complete screw up their Permissions. If these are not from your home folder and If Put Back is not available, you must use what will be the very tedious sudo mv command in Terminal for each. But sounds like they are from your user, since they are pictures.

I have placed items in the trash can and I want them restored to their original file folders. How can I do this?Ihave a Macbook with the Mac OS X 10.5.8 software on it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.