Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In OS X mountain lion, in Safari, the search bar is now missing, how can I get it back?

In OS X mountain lion, in Safari, the search bar is now missing, how can I get it back? My wife likes both the URL window and the search bar at the top of the page. How can I get the separate Google search bar at the top and keep the URL window too?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, Safari 6.0

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 3:45 PM

It's now combined with the URL window. Both functions/ 1 bar.

10 replies

Aug 2, 2012 11:21 AM in response to Bob Terrell

I'm willing to bet that, if you type "apple", the first entry on the search results will be www.apple.com. All you need do is click on it. Ok, one extra click from what you used to do, but, I suspect with time, you will be able to get used to it.

If you keep typing all those random asterisks in the address bar, it may confuse things though.

In OS X mountain lion, in Safari, the search bar is now missing, how can I get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.