Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina Macbook Pro doesn't wake up from screen saver

Hi There -

I've been having some issues with my computer coming back to life after the screen saver has been initiated. Once it freezes, it's frozen for good and requires a restart. This has been happening relatively frequently and I'm assuming it's got something to do with the new hardware, specifically the retina display itself?

Anyway, I'd roll the dice and upgrade to Mountain Lion, but I've got some programs that have not been tested in that environment and I'd rather stick with Lion for the time being.

Has anyone else had this issue?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 15" MBP 512 SSD Retina 8GB RAM

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 3:45 PM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2012 10:48 AM in response to mattatobsidian

I am also having the same issue. There's another thread here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4132180

Mine is frozen when I come back to my machine and wake it up... the lock screen appears but it's frozen - usually I can move the mouse around and either see the arrow or spinning beach ball. Sometimes I notice the time is frozen from several mintures prior from when I left the machine ... I have turned of the lock on screensaver option for now to see if that will keep it from freezing.

Retina Macbook Pro doesn't wake up from screen saver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.