Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store session timeout

I Installed Mountain Lion today on a freshly partitioned 2008 Mac Pro. Transferred user data from Lion time machine back up. (just data, no apps)

So far so good, but App Store will not let me log into my second (credit card linked) apple account. Instead, asks me to verify CC info and as soon as I click done I get a "Your Session has timed out, try again" message.

I have tried signing out my first account, then logging back into second with same results. Even if I log out of app store and restart the computer, the app store continues to log me in as the unwanted account?

Any suggestions?

User uploaded file

Also, ML does not seem to remember me removing (?) missing program icons from the dock. I can't drag them out of dock like before. I have to control click and select remove from dock. 😟

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, Early 2008 2.8 GHz 8-Core 10 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:21 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2012 12:53 PM in response to tjalr

If any one runs into a similiar problem:

Unfortunately I ended up reinstalling Mountain Lion by itself. My accounts work as usual now.

PART II of this headache...

However, using Migration Assistant even after solving my login issues caused a new episode of havoc - FAILED! I reinstalled a third time and manually tranferred my data over one slow set at a time. (this extremely *****! *edit: the edited word starts with an S and has to to with an action involved with ingesting liquid from a straw!)

- I am still not up to speed, this unfortuanately was the first time I decided to update my Mac with a freshly released OS... and I am paying for it miserably!

PART III of this nightmare...

Aperture Library is on crack! Having the UUID issue and NO solution in sight! All productivity in my office has stopped 😟😠➖

PART IV of this horror movie...

"Fetching" ACLs (SMH)

On a brighter note, FCP Studio and the rest of my apps seem to work just fine though. And I don't see all of our Adobe CS uninstall icons in Launchpad!

Message was edited by: Sydewayz.com

App store session timeout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.