Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sign into iMessage or FaceTime

On iMessage I went to Messages, Preferences, Accounts, and it asked me for my Apple ID and password. I tried to sign in and it says "Could not sign in to iMessage: The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later." EVERYTIME!

On FaceTime, when I open it, it asks for my Apple ID and password, I enter it, it says that people will reach me at my email so i click next, then it says "verified" at the top, and then it goes back to the original screen with a message in red saying "The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later" EVERYTIME

HELP! And my internet connection is fine! Please Answer, and please dont just be like "omg i have the same problem" That doesnt help me!

Thanks! (:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 9:56 PM

2 replies

Mar 23, 2017 12:27 PM in response to IHateAppleItSucks

open the "Keychain Access" app from the Applications > Utilities folder (or from spotlight search).

once the app opens, click on the "Keychain Access" menu in the top left corner, and then select "preferences".

In the window that opens, click the "Reset My Default Keychain" button.

CAUTION: This will delete all your saved forms and passwords on your computer. Make sure you know them before proceeding because you will be prompted to re-login to every single website and application where you had previously saved info.

Restart your computer. Viola. You are fixed. 🙂

Sep 14, 2012 3:53 PM in response to IHateAppleItSucks

Here is a solution that worked for me, after nothing else would. Log out and back in to iTunes on your Mac/PC.

I had exactly the same problems as above, and no amount of network changes or even a full restore would help.

Finally, I went back to my PC, launched iTunes, logged OUT of that, then signed in again, this time with the new password.

Then I had to go back, and properly close Facetime and iMessages and sign in. It worked fine after that.

(To properly close an application, double click the home button, then hold down on the facetime app logo in the multitasking bar at the bottom, then press the tiny ➖ symbol.)

Best of luck.

I can't sign into iMessage or FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.