Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help please - An email address that I rarely used several years ago got reset to someone else's apple ID in place of the email account they used to create their account. How can this happen?

A friend accused me of switching an email account that I used several years ago to send them photos on Flikr (gmail) for their Apple ID - in other words of.messing with their account. I only used the gmail account to post / send them and several other people photos on a few occasions and have not used the account since. I forgot that I had it. When this friend couldn't access their iTunes account the store discovered that the email had been reset to my very old gmail address. How is this possible? Now, they are accusing me of hacking in although no purchases were made and nothing was done with the account. Still, my reputation is at stake. Could they have done it in error? It looks bad for me. Help please.

MacBook Pro, ITunes ID reset by third party?

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 9:51 PM

There are no replies.

Help please - An email address that I rarely used several years ago got reset to someone else's apple ID in place of the email account they used to create their account. How can this happen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.