Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connected via wifi but no access - have tried all the simple fixes

I have wifi at home and had been able to use the iPad on wifi no problems. Today it stopped working, that is, it shows that it IS connected via wifi with good signal strength but when I try to use safari or email neither works. If I turn off wifi and revert to the 3G card then I have access.

I have already tried: complete reboot ( several times)

Forgetting and then restoring the wifi connection

Renewing the license

Changing the proxy from 'off' to 'manual' (and then back to off when it didn't work)

Obviously none of these things worked and the wifi is working fine on other devices

Two questions:

Is there anything else I can try?

IF I try the Settings >General > Reset Network setting - will that impact on my 3G? I am a bit worried that if I try this option it might not fix the wifi issue and I might lose my 3G connection.

Thanks in advance

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 3:23 AM

I have seen similar problems on the iPad 3, the carrier network or wlan show good signal strength, however the iPad is unable to breakout onto the internet. However after switching the wireless radio off and back on this seems to resolve the issue, I have also tried a power-cycle of the iPad. Just in case there is some type of build up, but the problems re-occurs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2012 3:23 AM in response to heatherfrombroadbeach

I have seen similar problems on the iPad 3, the carrier network or wlan show good signal strength, however the iPad is unable to breakout onto the internet. However after switching the wireless radio off and back on this seems to resolve the issue, I have also tried a power-cycle of the iPad. Just in case there is some type of build up, but the problems re-occurs.

Jul 31, 2012 3:56 AM in response to beam98

Thanks for helping. I tried your first suggestion and also turned the wireless modem off then back on. The two in combination seemed to fix it.

As an aside I find the iPad2 needs a stronger wireless signal than other devices eg my laptop will pick up a weak or medium signal - but the iPad needs a really good signal to connect.

Connected via wifi but no access - have tried all the simple fixes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.