Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

snow leopard update?

Just bought a 2009 MacBook Pro from someone on Craigslist. It was restored to factory settings, and so the software is up to Snow Leopard 10.5.8. Having the hardest time figuring out how to update to 10.6. I need to do that so that I can get to 10.6.8 so that I can download Mountain Lion.

HELP!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:04 PM

14 replies

Jul 30, 2012 11:12 PM in response to kmwest324

software is up to Snow Leopard 10.5.8

v10.5.8 is Leopard, not Snow Leopard.

According to Apple a 2009 MB Pro qualifies for Mountain LIon > Upgrade your Mac to OS X Mountain Lion.

You need to upgrade to Snow Leopard, then you upgrade directly to Mountain Lion without having to purchase Lion.

Call the Apple Store at 1-800-MY-APPLE. $29.00 plus tax.

Once you have Snow Leopard installed, you will have access to the App Store where you can download and install Mountain Lion.

Jul 30, 2012 11:11 PM in response to kmwest324

Hi. The OS you have is Leopard (10.5.8) you need to upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.6.x) in order to be able to upgrade to Mountain Lion. The only way is to find a Snow Leopard disk either from a friend or on eBay. Otherwise, you may go to an Apple store and they might provide you with a solution. There is no way (to my knowledge) to download Snow Leopard from anywere and it is certainly a must to upgrade to Mountain Lion.

snow leopard update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.