Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

20 inch iMac G5 DVI conversion (datasheet ?)

I've had my G5 for a while now and it's been sitting around. I wanted to use the G5's display as an external display (not with software) so I tore apart an HP monitor and tried to use the controller board from that. I wired the G5's native inverter to the G5's PSU, with no success (used wrong pinout). From here I thought that I could still wire the controller board to the G5's PSU (the LVDS cable from the HP monitor supposedly works) and possibly get an image. I had weird results, my Macbook recognized an external display and mostly the Macbook's screen constantly flickered untill I unplugged the G5. After a while of this the ground wire for the controller board fried. So i went on ebay to look for a controller board, kit kind of thing... I contacted the seller and they told me they needed the data sheet for my LCD panel and asked me to send it for them. So coming to my question, does anybody have the datasheet for the LG-Philips LM201W01 (A6)(K1) model because I absoultley could not find it.

Thanks in advance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11), PPC G5 (no iSight)

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 12:09 AM

1 reply

20 inch iMac G5 DVI conversion (datasheet ?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.