Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-printing object possible in Pages?

Is it possible to have non-printing images/objects in a iWork Pages document, preferably in a custom designed Template?

I want to have my logo visible in the digital version of my proposals, but not in the printed version because my writing paper already has my logo on it.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 4:13 AM

MT,

Pages has no such feature. There are ways to simply make the object invisible, but nothing automatically keyed to the Printing action.

Here are two easy solutions:

1. Hide behind a white sheet.

Pair your graphic with a simple graphic shape that has no border line and white fill, one over the other. To toggle the display on and off, click on the graphic, or where the graphic is known to be, and Arrange, Send to Back.

2. Turn off the "ink".

Select the graphic and go to the Graphic Inspector and slide the Opacity control to zero to make the graphic disappear, move it back to 100% to make it reappear.

Regards,

Jerry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2012 4:13 AM in response to MirTon

MT,

Pages has no such feature. There are ways to simply make the object invisible, but nothing automatically keyed to the Printing action.

Here are two easy solutions:

1. Hide behind a white sheet.

Pair your graphic with a simple graphic shape that has no border line and white fill, one over the other. To toggle the display on and off, click on the graphic, or where the graphic is known to be, and Arrange, Send to Back.

2. Turn off the "ink".

Select the graphic and go to the Graphic Inspector and slide the Opacity control to zero to make the graphic disappear, move it back to 100% to make it reappear.

Regards,

Jerry

Non-printing object possible in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.