Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove default alarm for events in iCal on devices ios?

Whenever I add an event to my iCal calendar in Mounain Lion it will automatically add one default alert only on my iphone and ipad. These default alarms are not displayed on my macbook or icloud.com

Default alarms are disabled in macbook, icloud.com, and my ios devices.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 2:36 AM

12 replies

Aug 19, 2012 12:04 PM in response to a8venegas

Same problem here. When adding an event without alarm from my Mac, it get pushed to icloud without the alarm, but then pushes further onto the iphone and ipad, WITH alarm.

Single events always gets the alarm "on the day". All day events always gets "At 0900 on the day". But ONLY on the iPhone/iPad.

When adding an event directly into iCloud (via Safari) it shows up on the iPhone and iPad WITHOUT the alarm. So something is adding the alarm when the event is created on the Mac.

All alarms turned off on my Mac, in iCal, on iCloud, on the iPhone and on the iPad.

OS X 10.8 (new machine/new install/not from backup)/ iOS 5.1.1.

Aug 22, 2012 5:28 AM in response to a8venegas

Same Problem here by using OS X Server... i think its a Bug of 10.8 or a feature for iOS 6? 😉

When i add an Event on Macbook and Edit on iPhone ... than comes on Macbook an very strange Event Alarm ....

My Workaround at this time is ... Set an Default Alarm... than all fine ... i hope Apple fix it ... because i don't notify for all my Events ....

Sorry for Bad English i hope you can unserstand me 😀

Aug 31, 2012 8:44 AM in response to Jordall

I've managed to work around this by either

a) only add events in the iCloud.com calendar

or, if you have to add an event in Mountain Lion's Calendar app:

1) go to icloud.com afterwards, edit the event, add an alert for whenever (doesn't really matter), click "OK" to save.

2) edit the event again, remove the alert you just saved.

If you just have one iOS device it might be easier to post-edit the event there.

Here's to hoping they fix the bug in the next Mountain Lion or iOS update.

Dec 31, 2012 9:09 AM in response to a8venegas

OK, so I have had this issue for the past several months. I think it all started when I upgraded to ML from SL and migrated my calendars and contacts to iCloud. That was a couple months ago. But now I am running 10.8.2, and about two weeks ago I upgraded my iOS devices to 6.0.1.

I don't seem to be having any issues with events that I create now, but all those old events that were migrated to iCloud a couple months ago, many of those sound alerts on the iOS devices even though there was no alert defined when the event was originally created. I have always had alerts off by default both in iCal and on the iOS devices.

So here's the question: is there a way to go through and disable all these spurious event alerts? I've been disabling them as the event reminders come up, but it's irritating. It would be nice if there was a way to turn them off all in one shot somehow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.