Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relinking EXS24 samples

Okay, so I've just migrated my Work Machine (27" iMac) to my home Mac Pro 2008. Both are running the latest Lion. Spent the day installing, activating and relinking third party plugins to an external drive. Booted up my first project and bam! All EXS samples from patches that I personally made cant be found.

Spent a while rooting around wondering, till I realised that the major difference in Lion is that Paragon NTFS doesn't do spotlight and spotlight is tied to EXS24. Solution from Apple forums: Install ExsManager....

So Redmatica seem to have disappeared from the earth, and the NTFS drive containing both my 200GB work sample library and the sparseimage of my machine (with nothing to offload it to while I convert it to HFS+) won't spotlight, my simple question is, is there any way I can link my old EXS patches - lots of 'em - to my external hard drive? Paragon saide they had no ETA planned on NTFS spotlight support, two days before they released v10... still with no spotlight support. :/

Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 4:22 AM

3 replies

Aug 22, 2012 1:25 AM in response to alphamunki

Thanks David. I wish I could say that that helped me, but unfortunately the Wave/AIFF samples live on an external hard drive that is formatted NTFS and that is the root of my issue. I've temporarily alleviated that by creating a HFS+ disk image (.sparseimage) on the same drive and moving those files over, but this means that a lot of the (Pro Tools) PCs at my workplace can't have access to them.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with redmatica? It seems strange that I'm the only one with this problem.

Aug 25, 2012 8:06 AM in response to gen_

Redmatica was aquired by Apple.

Try this though, it worked for me with most of my EXS24 samples on a recent migration. Take the whole of your

3rd party exs patch library and move it to your desktop. Restart Logic, quit Logic. Now move the library back, lunch Logic and try loading one of your patches with the missing samples. It should now re-index and find the sounds.

Relinking EXS24 samples

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.