Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to 3.6 and adding Macs via iCloud (IPv6): Sleeping Macs

After updating to 3.6 and adding Macs via IPv6 (fd:xx) I can remote connect however the "Current Status" field indicates the Mac is sleeping. This is a bigger problem than just indicating the Mac is sleeping, attempting to send any commands/management fails as ARD beleives the Mac is actually sleeping even though it is not. This is occurring on all but one added this way. If it did it on all of them I would understand. I added a few back by IPv4 (192.xx) and the status is normal (available). Anyone else expereincing this or know of a fix?

Thank you!

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 6:07 AM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2012 10:03 AM in response to Matt.i

Are you connecting to your IPv6 client via BackToMyMac or is it a local IPv6 address? If it's BTMM and the client is running Lion then, unfortuantely, you'll only be able to screen share with it. The BTMM tunnel on Lion does not route UDP packets so your client is not actually able to send a response back to your Remote Desktop admin machine. The BTMM tunnel does route UDP on Mt Lion so all ARD commands will work between a Mt Lion ARD Admin and a Mt Lion ARD client.

After updating to 3.6 and adding Macs via iCloud (IPv6): Sleeping Macs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.