Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Related Messages for a Conversation in Mail

I just updated to Mountain Lion. I have the Mail app linked to my Gmail account via IMAP. There is change in the way related messages are being shown in the Mail app between Lion and Mountain Lion. Now I see every related message of a particular conversation (All Mail, Sent, Important, Trash, etc.). Previously, when I was using Mail in Lion I saw only other related messages that were in my in-box, not in my entire Gmail account. Is it possible to go back to this way of seeing related messages via some sort of setting that may have been changed during my migration to Mountain Lion? I just want to see related messages in my in-box that are replies to my current conversation with someone else. I don't want to see my sent messages in the conversation, what I've thrown away in the trash, what's also appearing in All-mail, etc.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 10:19 AM

I figured this one out myself. In Mail go to Preferences..., click the Viewing tab, uncheck "include related messages." Only messages from the other side of the conversation that are in your inbox are listed instead of every message related to the conversation within your entire Gmail account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2012 10:19 AM in response to JCC

I figured this one out myself. In Mail go to Preferences..., click the Viewing tab, uncheck "include related messages." Only messages from the other side of the conversation that are in your inbox are listed instead of every message related to the conversation within your entire Gmail account.

Related Messages for a Conversation in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.