Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get italicized characters?

Yesterday I accidentally hit some key(s) on my A1314 wireless keyboard and it produced an italic character on my iPad screen. I don't know what ke(s) I hit, but they were down by the space bar. I can't do it again, but would like to be able to italicize, bold and underscrore. I can't find any hep in either the keyboard or the iPad use guides.

Can anyone help me?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, Wireless keyboard A1314

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 6:56 AM

4 replies

Jul 31, 2012 7:20 AM in response to SanteeSlim

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

I think that text formatting is something that must be built into the text editing app that you are using. You would need to check in the help file for that app to learn exactly how. Traditionally on Macs Command + I = italicize, Command + B - bold and Command + U = underlined. But those don't appear to work with any apps I have for iOS.

As you can see Evernote has rich text formatting.

User uploaded file

How can I get italicized characters?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.