Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ASCI and Hex Commands: Perform command to print on Mac Leopard

I need to setup a Wincore TPO7 printer to print asci or hex symbols using our image analysis Mac G4 which is running Leopard.

The issue in windoz is that any asci set or hex set when printed to the printer basically prints the command you enter rather than performing it.

Can I use CUPS or another program to print while performing the asci or hex commands on our G4 w/Leopard??

If you have experience please respond with a detailed reply, as we're trying to resolve an issue as we work with this printer (its used in ATM's); and we've had not much luck under the Windoz platform.

Larry

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 8:58 AM

8 replies

Jul 31, 2012 10:43 AM in response to lgvenable

Hello,

• 100% free and open source
  • Free to use in commercial applications (check license for details)
  • Seamlessly sends commands to your EPL2, ZPLII, CHR, ASCII, RAW, ESC/P printer (and more).
  • Compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris clients (and more).
  • Tested with Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera.
  • Supports COM, parallel, serial, USB, socket, lpr, LPT communication.

http://code.google.com/p/jzebra/

Jul 31, 2012 2:49 PM in response to BDAqua

No this is a thermal printer. See:

I'm just trying to figure out how to send commands to it for printign. In windows it basically prints the commands, AI was hoping that on a mac the commands could be dumped and performed by the printer

http://www.wincor-nixdorf.com/internet/cae/servlet/contentblob/54738/publication File/7703/iMEDIATE_DPSL_Operating_Manual_english.pdf

pages 22 to 45

obvuisly I'm intersted in the hardware (printer) , not the kiosk

ASCI and Hex Commands: Perform command to print on Mac Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.