Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Trackpad not accepting/allowing multi-touch in Mountain Lion

So in celebration of a new OS, I went out and got the Magic Trackpad. It connects fine and works, but the trackpad preferences don't havve the videos showing how to do stuff like it does on my Air. In fact, I can't find anything involving multi-touch when it comes to the trackpad. It has the basic options, but I can't even right-click with it (two finger click). It's basically a giant one-finger surface.

I've tried deleting the trackpad from the Bluetooth list and then re-adding it.

One thing I've noticed is that once I've deleted it, turned it off, opened the Trackpad System Preference (at this point, it says No Trackpad Found) and I turn on the trackpad - It finds it, asks if I want to use this device with a weird dialogue, connects, but continues to search saying "No Trackpad Found" and the continue button never allows me to click on it (grayed out, effectively). I figure that the next step is the part that should properly initialize the trackpad into the OS, but no luck. At this point it's the aforementioned 'One Finger Surface'.

Any ideas???

Magic Trackpad-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 9:19 AM

8 replies

Magic Trackpad not accepting/allowing multi-touch in Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.