Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion: Calendar needs discrete GPU?

According to gfxCardStatus, Calendar is forcing the use of the discrete GPU (NVIDIA 330M in my case). Is anyone else running gfxCardStatus seeing this dependency? I like to keep my Mail and Calendar apps open in their own spaces and I would hate to have to constantly run on the discrete GPU because of this.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 17" 2.66GHz i7 8MB 500GB mid-2010

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 10:25 AM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2013 8:16 AM in response to assaultlynx

Which system do you have? That's interesting that you're experiencing this same issue now after 3 released OS updates and not before like I was. Mine eventually stopped doing it, but then the screen took a dump. Now I have a rMBP and I'm not going to upgrade to 10.8.3 until I'm sure this isn't gonna cause it to run the discrete graphics all day long.

Mar 15, 2013 8:34 AM in response to jtweezy

Woah, didn't realize the date on your post. Hah.

I've a MBP 6,2 (15" mid 2010) model. There's another thread on here talking about these 10.8.3 problems, and from what I've heard the rMBP hasn't been having these problems.

***** for those of us with older laptops, Apple seems to have problems with keeping older hardware running well with new software...

Mountain Lion: Calendar needs discrete GPU?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.