Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts photos keeps getting resized to fill the frame

Not sure what happened since ML, all the contact photos that I attach to specific contacts get resized to fill the entire frame, rendering them unusable.

This is more serious when one one side of a contact picture is either longer or taller than the other side. The app automatically resizes the picture to fill the frame using the long side, which is ridiculous.

What's the point of the contact picture's zoom slider if it just overrides my zoom levels? This seems to happen immediately after hitting save or getting out of edit mode. Is this an iCloud problem?

Thank goodness it hasn't resized all the previous Contacts I've saved in the app, but I can't edit any of the old contacts anymore. The moment that I touch it, all the pictures will just get resized.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 11:06 AM

Same problem here. I zoom in and save, but then the image changes to zoomed out after a couple seconds. I tried quitting address book before this zoom out, and watching from the message and mail apps you can see it zoom out anyway. Obviously a bug they need to fix. Previously zoomed in pics from lion are unaffected, atleast as long as I leave them alone.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2012 11:06 AM in response to MacKyver

Same problem here. I zoom in and save, but then the image changes to zoomed out after a couple seconds. I tried quitting address book before this zoom out, and watching from the message and mail apps you can see it zoom out anyway. Obviously a bug they need to fix. Previously zoomed in pics from lion are unaffected, atleast as long as I leave them alone.

Feb 27, 2013 11:03 AM in response to MacKyver

Same problem:

Has anyone figured out how to bypass this bug and force Address Book to to accept my image (picture / photo) cropping as set from within the "edit" photo dialog during an address card entry / edit?

I previously cropped images for address cards and they would keep their new zoom / crop position but this has stopped working. The cropping holds for a moment after committing the change via "Edit / Done" but then it reverts to 100% about 3 seconds later - and stays that way.

I have pulled the Address Book plist after restarts and permission repairs but the problem persists - and I can't find another discussion about it on the web or here at the Apple discussions.

Ideas?

Core 2 Duo + OS X 10.7.3

Tags: (because there is no where for me to enter tags unless I started the thread?)

address_book picture_resizing resize_picture resize_photo resize_image crop_pic crop_picture crop_photo crop_image

Contacts photos keeps getting resized to fill the frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.