Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help... Losing Camcorder quality when importing and exporting using iMovie

First off im sure other people have noticed the same problem as me, but heres the problem;

I have a Sony HD camcorder which uses there normal AVCHD format, which iMovie supports so i dont have any problem getting the footage on there, editing it and getting it off to wherever...

I did a test the other day and played footage back via HDMI directly from the Camcorder to the HDTV, and the quality is excellent, it is truly HD quality, however... if i play the same footage that has gone through iMovie... Exported to iTunes and then played and on HDTV via my Apple TV 3rd Gen (Over ethernet not wifi) the quality is no where near as good, it doesnt look HD at all, so somewhere along the line the quality is being completly lost, i want to use iMovie and iTunes to have my movies on the iPad etc and for convinience with the ATV, but whats the point in having a HD camcorder if somewhere along the Apple process this quality is clearly all being lost.

Is this going to be a case of i either have the convience and editing (iMovie, iTunes & ATV) or i have the quality and just play the oringal footage from the camcorder to the TV

Any help would be great, thanks

iMac 27, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 1:09 PM

There are no replies.

Help... Losing Camcorder quality when importing and exporting using iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.