Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iLife 11 Install on OS 10.6.8

I have an old iMac i use to put my music and movies on it to stream to my apple tv and to put my photos on it. I had to reset the computer because it was having problems. Now when i am trying to install iLife 11, it says there is an error installing and all i need it iPhoto.

The minimum system requirements for the software are:

1 GB of ram: Requirement Met

Running OS 10.6.3 or later: Requirement Met

5GB of Hard Drive Space: Requirement Met

Intel Processor: Requirement Met

DVD drive for install: Requirement Met

Internet Access: Requirement Met

What do i need to do to get iPhoto to work??

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 5:40 PM

iLife 11 was specifically designed for SnowLeopard and as all requirements are met, there should be no problem.

So the only trouble might be the DVD itself or the optical drive : is the disk scratched ?

You might be able to create a image from the disk , if there is only minimal surface scratches, so the optical drive is bypassed in the install process : insert the DVD but do nothing else with it - launch disk utility and select "create new image -> DVD Master " - this creates a .cdr file that you can double click to mount it ot burn it to a new writeable DVD.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2012 5:40 PM in response to mattster19901

iLife 11 was specifically designed for SnowLeopard and as all requirements are met, there should be no problem.

So the only trouble might be the DVD itself or the optical drive : is the disk scratched ?

You might be able to create a image from the disk , if there is only minimal surface scratches, so the optical drive is bypassed in the install process : insert the DVD but do nothing else with it - launch disk utility and select "create new image -> DVD Master " - this creates a .cdr file that you can double click to mount it ot burn it to a new writeable DVD.

iLife 11 Install on OS 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.