Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video freeze mountain lion

I installed Mountain Lion on my 2010 Macbook Pro without incident on launch day. I had to then go away for the rest of the week and weekend.

Yesturday and today, randomly everything seems to freeze, the video looks like it scrambles and I have to hard reset.

I have done an SMC reset, checked the HD which all come back as being okay.

Ideas

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 1:57 PM

10 replies

Jul 31, 2012 2:31 PM in response to Canadianpj

I have the same Macbook Pro an the same problem, sometimes i can use the Macbook longer and sometimes it happens just after start.

I have changed the HDD an the Problem is still there.

I have checked the RAM but it still there

and I have reset the PRAM SMC and repaired the Rights of the HDD and it doesent worked.

I Dont know what to do i hope some people can help us

Aug 1, 2012 8:54 AM in response to heunz2

I did a fresh install of Mountion Lion, completely wiped out my drive so there was nothing left over from all of the previous upgrades. I thought everything was fine and then a few minutes ago, everything froze on video and I had to reboot.

This is getting to the point I can barely use my machine and I'm going to have to go back to Lion very, very soon if a solution cannot be found.

Aug 4, 2012 8:39 AM in response to heunz2

While I hope this works out for you heunz2 I do not believe this is a ram problem. My macbook pro has 3rd party ram and yes, during their test it shows up as a warning. The people I talked to there said that's just fine.

This is a very similiar problem to what happened with these models in Lion after 10.7.2 and I think at this point the only thin we can do is wait until 10.8.1

Video freeze mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.