Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hit back button

OFTEN, when I hit the back button or swipe back, I get a Safari page that is a day or two old instead of the current page. DRIVES ME NUTS. Chrome? Firefox? These might be on the hotizon if I can't get this fixed.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 2:10 PM

7 replies

Jul 31, 2012 2:59 PM in response to Erl Purnell

Apple omitted the back button on Safari 6...

Enable the Develop menu so you can delete caches and see if that makes a difference.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now from the menu bar click Develop > Empty Caches

Quit then relaunch Safari. The Command key and back arrow on your keyboard acts as the back button.

Jul 31, 2012 3:33 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn, I don't think you even read my question. PLEASE: OFTEN, when I hit the back button or swipe back, I get a Safari page that is a day or two old instead of the current page. DRIVES ME NUTS. Chrome? Firefox? These might be on the hotizon if I can't get this fixed.

This is NOT about the back button being there or not. WHEN I HIT THE BACK BUTTON I GET A DAY-OLD PAGE INSTEAD OF THE ONE I WAS ON A MINUTE AGO. Same with 5.?? and 6.0. Lease consider the actual question I asked. Thank you.

hit back button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.