Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timeline Grayed-out/blank. Any ideas?

So I was resizing a clip of my *almost* finished project, and suddenly as I dragged the clip to make it longer, the entire timeline blanked out.

At first I thought I was inside a compound clip until I tried opening other projects, or anything for that matter. The timeline just stays grayed out or blank. I can't zoom in or anything, it almost seems like the entire timeline just corrupted in Final Cut.

I deleted my prefs and layout, nothing changed, then I reinstalled the program and it seemed cured as I could open other projects. But when I tried opening the orginal project (the one the program crashed on) suddenly the timeline blanks out again, and then it won't open any other projects again.

It's like my project is screwing up the entire Final Cut program...

I've already pretty much resigned myself to the idea that I'm going to have to start over, but I was wondering if anyone else had found a solution to this problem. From what I understand, this problem isn't uncommon, I just haven't been able to find a solution yet. Any ideas?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion, 15" MBP, Early March 11.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 6:24 PM

There are no replies.

Timeline Grayed-out/blank. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.