Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to merge two Apple ID's?

I have an old Apple ID that some of my music and apps are attached to and then my new iCloud Apple ID that i use for everything. I hate to use my old one... is there any way to combine them into one?

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 8:15 PM

2 replies

Jul 31, 2012 8:18 PM in response to abieh94

abieh94 wrote:

... is there any way to combine them into one?

Sorry No...

From Here http://support.apple.com/kb/HE37

I have multiple Apple IDs. Is there a way for me to merge them into a single Apple ID?

Apple IDs cannot be merged. You should use your preferred Apple ID from now on, but you can still access your purchased items such as music, movies, or software using your other Apple IDs.

Aug 1, 2012 7:28 AM in response to abieh94

There are good reasons to keep two. For example, I have one for my iCloud. My wife has one for her iCloud. Then we share another one just for purchases so we do not have to buy apps twice. Sure we could just buy from one or the other, but this just keeps things clean and allows future flexibility.

Both IOS and OS X provide separate sign-in for iCloud and purchases just for this purpose, so you can easily have them separate.

Is there any way to merge two Apple ID's?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.