Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple keep broken links for several days on this page; http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC976LL/A ?

I tried to call many times to talk to Apple support people but they were telling me to fix my browser. I finally went to the Apple store in Soho, New York and showed them that the page does not allow to customize the macbook pro order. They were surprised and confused. It does not look good. It seems like Apple is either ignoring the issue or is trying to slow down sales. Very strange!

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 10:33 PM

8 replies

Jul 31, 2012 10:53 PM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Oops - let me backtrack - I pulled up the page but it won't allow me to configure: you're right. Let's try something else - nope - even going through the Apple Store first didn't allow me to configure a system with that particular model.

I don't know what's up - obviously a glitch in the Apple Store. Try contacting Apple and report it and ask how in the world you're supposed to configure the dang thing!

Clinton

Aug 1, 2012 7:19 AM in response to Amphibyan

Amphibyan wrote:

I reported it two days ago and I contacted them yesterday and no answer. Two of the customer support representatives just hang up on me. It looks like it's intentional. Maybe there is shortage of supply or a problem with the model. Why would they allow themselves to loose millions of $$ everyday?

Actually they are saving money by doing that. There has been many problems with the Retina model, all variations of it. A ton of them have been returned for new ones, from crahes to yellow screens to you name it. Problems Problems.

They can't fill the orders they now have and can't get new units out to those that need a replacement.

So they stop taking orders for it. That is the only thing they can do. Along with finding out what is causing all the problems and fixing it before they start shipping out systems that will eventually be returned. Which will cost them more money.

Why does Apple keep broken links for several days on this page; http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC976LL/A ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.