Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SERVER Removing certificate for Apple ID - Every 5 Seconds in Console

I am using a 2011 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.

I am seeing the following message in Console every 5 seconds:

8/1/12 8:01:42.786 AM AppleIDAuthAgent[173]: SERVER Removing certificate for Apple ID "jo...er@???.???" dsID="676532644131314e776d455a685432716d374f7878673d3d" because it has expired or been revoked. (renewCertificateForAccount()/AppleIDAuthd.cpp #143) accountCheckDispatch

Anyone know how to resolve this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), MacBook Pro, 2.33 GHz i5, 4 GB Ram

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:06 AM

5 replies

Aug 1, 2012 5:35 AM in response to john.sawyer

It looks like I have resolved this issue by deleting the following files and restarting:

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.DotMacSync......plist.lockfile

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.idisk......plist

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.idisk......plist.lockfile

~/Library/Preferences/MobileMeAccounts.plist

~/Library/Preferences/MobileMeAccounts.plist.lockfile

FWIW... I first deleted the files from the ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost folder and then restarted. The issue persisted. I then found and deleted the MobileMeAccounts files from ~/Library/Preferences and restarted and the messages no longer appear in Console for me.

Aug 1, 2012 6:07 AM in response to john.sawyer

It appears to be completely resolved (finally)...

I deleted the ~/Library/Prefernces/MobileMeAccount.plist again. Then I additionally deleted these files:

~/Library/Prefernces/ByHost/com.apple.coreservices.appleidauthenticationinfo.... plist

~/Library/Prefernces/ByHost/com.apple.coreservices.appleidauthenticationinfo.... plist.lockfile

Then restarted, opened Mail, Contacts (formally Address Book), Calendar (formally iCal) and Messages (fromally iChat). All applications continues to work properly using my Apple ID settings and the messages no longer appear in Console.

SERVER Removing certificate for Apple ID - Every 5 Seconds in Console

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.