Previous 1 2 3 Next 99 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2013 1:45 PM by jsnauman Branched to a new discussion.
in2om Level 1 Level 1

I was on OS X Lion and all worked perfectly, but when I've installed Mountaion lion and Aperture 3.3.2... It can't import any types of video files to Aperture library now.

When I go to File -> Import -> Files ... it shows me an empty folder (if there is video only) or photos:

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/191/19122421-1.jpg

When I drag and drop any video file to Aperture icon, it says:

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/191/19122421-2.jpg

So, if I import video file to iPhoto library and then open it in Aperture, it can't play video:

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/191/19122421-3.jpg

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/191/19122421-4.jpg

I've searched about this problem, but I couldn't find anything. I don't know where's my mistake. Maybe Aperture on Mountain Lion has bug?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion
Solved by Gerhard Bergmann on Aug 11, 2012 1:15 AM Solved

Hallo in2om,

yesterday my problem was solved.

First I reinstalled (and updated) Aperture again, but this did not help.

Then I started from the recovery partition (cmd-r during start) and reinstalled Mountain Lion. No, you won't loose anything (but have a backup anyway!!). I did not have the Golden Master (as TheWrongStuff had), but the "normal" release fom the AppStore. But reinstallation helped anyway!

Now I am able to import again, and play my "old" movies, as it used to be!

Anyway, Apple is interested in my Aperture Library, I will send it to them on Monday. If they find out anything else, I will report here.

Just try to reinstall Mountain Lion, you can't do anything wrong doing this, I hope it works for you, too.

Have a nice weekend!

Reply by AJL. on Aug 8, 2012 1:41 AM Helpful

I have installed and run a host of applications and have not been able to break Aperture again.

The only apps I haven't tested from other posts are Chrome, AppCleaner and PS Elements.

I have resolved the issue for myself following the steps in my earlier post.

I will be sure to post the cause back if it breaks again but for now I'm sorted.

Note - this was a clean build - no import tools were used and all prefs were set up again from scratch.

Time for a fresh start .

Regards,

AJL.

Reply by TheWrongStuff on Aug 11, 2012 1:36 AM Helpful

When you reinstall you don't lose anything. Just reinstall over the existing install. It takes a short period of time and your machine will be the same way it was before, except Aperture is fixed.

All replies

Previous 1 2 3 Next