Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manufacturing defect iPhone 4s

Last 23 July 2012, I bought an iPhone 4s from Movistar Spain, the iPhone came with a manufacturing defect, everybody who calls me listen to them with echo, at first, for a couple of days, I throught it wasn't my problem but when everybody complained about the echo, I phoned to Movistar Spain, 1004, in order to get a new one. That day started my nightmare.

Movistar says they usually change the devices but this case is different because it's an iPhone so I must phone Apple, Apple says that Movistar must change the device, and so on. Movistar and Apple want to repair it but I paid for a NEW iPhone, I haven't bought a repaired one.

Meanwhile the time I have to get the iPhone changed is going to expire.

Please help me! What can I do? I went to two different Movistar shops they told me that they can't do anything because I bought it throught a telephone offer (1004), there isn't any Apple Store near my city.

When I threatened Movistar to go to Orange or Vodafone they promised they changed the iPhone but two days later they phoned me to say that's was impossible.

I think Apple must solve this problem because it's a manufacturing defect and Movistar is one of the companies Apple uses in Spain to sell the iPhone.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 4:45 AM

This is not Apple we are all users here

The iPhone is under 12 months warranty

Regardless of where the store is in Spain if you take the iPhone to an Apple Store retail shop

and make an appointment with Genius bar they will handle your issue

without drama unlike most carriers (worlwide)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2012 4:45 AM in response to Ciruleta

This is not Apple we are all users here

The iPhone is under 12 months warranty

Regardless of where the store is in Spain if you take the iPhone to an Apple Store retail shop

and make an appointment with Genius bar they will handle your issue

without drama unlike most carriers (worlwide)

Manufacturing defect iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.