So my headphone jack has broken off clean into two pieces.
The trouble is the 3.5mm jack protuberant is now stuck inside my iTouch and due to the amazing self-locking mechanism of earphone/headphone ends, it will not come out, whatever I do.
Tweezers have not helped, neither has a small magnet.
I'm glad I gave up on the magnet for I have now come to know that the hdd is right next to the earphone socket.
Anyway, I need help.
How do I get that broken-piece out of the socket?!
Many thanks, in advance.
It is done! It's out! I have achieved what surely seemed impossibe. I mean the things I tried with my iPod Touch, be it tweezers, pliers, glues, toothpicks, ear-buds.
I read about all of these wondorous ideas and plans online, to take out that unholy peice of metal lodged in my iTouch socket.
But anyway, yesterday you guys gave me some good tips. I was about half-way in the decision making process of making appointment with The Store and almost about ready to dive into what Alex suggested up here.
But then this evening, something made me go back to glue.
Glue, the creation of the century. Or well, maybe last century, or the one before that, I'm not sure when glue was dicovered/invented.
Anyway, getting to the point. It's out.
All I did, was make another failed attempt with the squared-off end of a tooth-pick dipped is some superglue. Like always, it stuck to the little golden 1mm protuberant like a charm. One pull, and it came off, while the thing was still lodged inside.
I went back to the headphones. I saw the broken off jack and realized, there was a bit of a cavity at the point where the jack had broken off. So I gave a tiny squeeze to the superglue pen and filled the cavity with just about a single drop of glue. Next, I rammed the headphone jack back into the socket.
I swear I wasn't expecting anything to happen. Barely 10 seconds into the "Eureka attempt", I don't know what came over me and I just pulled on the cord.
And there it was! IT WAS OUT.
The solution always is right next to the where the problem began.
I should add, the speaker on the iTouch works fine, like everything else.
BUT, when I plugged in my new headphones, there's no output to the RIGHT channel.
I must say, this makes me sad. I don't know if I messed up something with the glue or pliers. Can't say.
I might have done some damage to those tiny silver dot like things on the socket wall which act like the self-locking mechanism for earphones/headphones.
Anyway, if it does end up working again, I'll be sure to let you guys know.
Many thanks again for the help.
- An overjoyed AP.