Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my photos squashed?

I have tried sending photos as attachments from iPhoto, Preview, as jpegs from my Apple Mail program. I have edited the sizes, varied the resolution, sent them smaller, larger and actual size. They are all squashed. I started to cc myself and those mostly arrive ok in my Apple Mail.

But in my ISP mailbox today, I noticed they were also squashed, but being forwarded to my Apple Mail just fine.

I thought this was an issue ONLY with the mail recipients who use Outlook but now I know it is more than that.

Last spring, all my attached photos were being embedded in the email. After reading the forums for help, I think I have that issue fixed.

This affects a great deal of work that I have coming up now.

In frustration, I will be setting up Outlook on my iMac today to see if that cures the problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 5:56 AM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2012 1:28 PM in response to CT

Thanks, Charlie for the suggestion but that isn't the problem. I have just spent a lot of time today on this and am wondering if it has to do with how my ISP and Apple Mail are interacting.

If I send from my ISP mail account using Apple mail, then it is squashed.

If I go to my ISP account and the photo originates there as an attachment, it seem to be fine when I pick it up in Apple Mail.

I think I will pursue this with my ISP.

Thanks.

Why are my photos squashed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.