Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse doesn't work

Hi! I got an iMac 10.7.4 and i have troubles with my magic mouse, batteries are charged, powered on, bluetooh on, discoverable, but it can't find the mouse, so I reseted PRAM, and the very first time it worked, but not any more! So I deleted the device, reset the PRAM once again, but it didn't find the device. Can you help me, please?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 8:43 AM

9 replies

Aug 1, 2012 2:18 PM in response to Ró Moreira

I had a similar problem when I changed the batteries in my Magic Mouse. The indicator light blinked and the mouse wouldn't work. I called Apple Care and after a couple of tries at fixes I was told to do a hard turnoff (I couldn't move the pointer anywhere) and wait a few seconds and then power up again. It worked. The mouse was useable again.

Jul 30, 2013 12:51 PM in response to Ró Moreira

I believe I have a similar problem. The magic mouse (and all other mouses) on my 2011 27" Imac (running 10.8.4) has/ve stopped working.

Initially the magic mouse was behaving erratically - jumping around, working intermitently, etc. I changed the batteries (now 100% charged, system preferences indicating paired and connected). That didn't help so I tried an SMC reset. That helped for about 5 minutes, and then problem resumed.

I then tried to switch to a usb conected mouse. Now even that mouse jumps to the top left corner each time I try to use it. This has rendered my imac virtually unusable. I am trying to edit a keynote document for an upcoming speech. I need to be able to use my mouse asap. (I am writing this note from my MacBook Air because my desktop is unusable). Any suggestions beyond the SMC reset (which failed to resolve the problem)?

In case it is relevant, this problem occurred *directly following* a Mountain Lion update this morning.

I don't mind using a USB cnnected mouse if I have to do so. Right now, however, even that is not working.

Jul 31, 2013 4:14 PM in response to GeoffreySB

every time I have trouble w/ my mouse. The answer is always the same.

Reset the SMC first. ( which you did previously and even stated it got better momentarily )

Immediatly after resetting SMC before any other reset or re-start reset the pram several times.

Release the keys from resetting pram and reload as normal. My problems are always solved.

... what's REALLY weird.. is when I have mouse trouble and re-start the mac into Windows7 via bootcamp the mouse troubles stays. That clues me into it's something much lower level then OS plist, safe mode, delete plist junk. nothing to do w/ it.

Something gets hosed in the EFI i'm assuming.

I wish you luck!

Magic Mouse doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.