Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the Apple Tv 3rd gen. HBO Go or other aps are coming?

I have the Apple Tv 3rd gen. I was wondering if HBO Go or other aps are coming? I just can't help but wonder why the other hardware like my ipad or my xbox 360 has all of these feature and my Appe TV has none. The device is really feeling limited, even when compared to a low cost blue ray player or the Roku. Don't get me wrong, what the Apple TV does, it does great. Hulu Plus will make a lot of non cable users happy. I would just like to see the Aple TV start growing some legs. Here are some things I would loe to see. HBO Go, Apps, Extra Features, Amazon TV, Pandora, Crackle, Epix and Vudu. Thanks for reading this.🙂

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 9:24 AM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2012 10:29 AM in response to statue311

Hi statue,

Would could not speculate in this forum about coming feature. However, Apple is sometimes adding services on AppleTV like they done with the latest update which adds Hulu plus.

The way I see an AppleTV today is more like a mirroring devices that extend your iOS device displays (and now computer is ML). Since most iOS apps now offer the AirPlay option, it seems more logical to have the iOS device drive the streaming to the AppleTV instead of the AppleTV himself. If you happen to leave your TV's room, you can still continu to watch your content for exemple.

Take advantage of your iPad AirPlay and mirroring features since it will allow to take a lot of the apps your mentioned to your TV like, for sure, Pandora and Crackle. Some other apps (mostly tv channel) still does support AirPlay or event worst, prevent the mirroring... I don't why that matter so much since you are still watching their content.

Aug 1, 2012 10:45 AM in response to SeaBeast

The mirroring does not give the 1080p video, and I play on my ipad while watching movies. I don't want to lose my iPad when The AppleTV is well equiped to run HBO Go and do it with out problems. That is why Hulu and Netflix are offered up as Apps on the AppleTV. Also, when I watch movies on my iPad, the Netflix will continue to run it through the Apple TV where left off on the Apple TV Netflix. I am just commenting on something I am sure others have been thinking, but thanks for your comment. This has been brought up at multiple events. I just wanted to vent my own distress. 🙂

I have the Apple Tv 3rd gen. HBO Go or other aps are coming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.