Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song won't sync to my iPod

I downloaded a song from Amazon and it showed up in my iTunes library. But when I went to sync it to my iPod, I got an error message saying that iTunes could not copy the song to my iPod because an unknown error occurred. I tried deleting the song and then re-downloading it, but it still won't sync. How can I fix this?

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 11:56 AM

7 replies

Aug 19, 2012 2:23 AM in response to drummerdude13

I had the exact problem tonight. The last time I tried it was about a month ago and it worked. This time the music imported from the Amazon Downloader just fine. The songs show up and play in iTunes but when I drag them to my iTouch I get the message that an "unknown error has occurred. (-50) What has changed?

I just tried to copy the music to my iPod and got the same error message. I was able to copy music I had ripped from a CD with out any problem. Is this something Amazon has done?

Aug 20, 2012 10:23 PM in response to drummerdude13

Update: Talked to Amazon yesterday and they say this is a known issue that probably is a result of chages they made to their cloud service. They asked for the OS version of my iTouch and iPod. Encouraged me to use their Cloud app to play the music but I pointed out that I do not like to use up my phone battery for that. They said they are "working on it."

They also sent me this link to help trouble shoot the issue but honestly, I do no want to have to go through all this when I did not cause this issue to begin with.

Annoying.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1539

Song won't sync to my iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.