Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro 9 and mountain lion

Hey guys,

I have been using Logic Pro for a few years now, just bought a new 15" Macbook Pro (not retina) and when try to launch logic 9 (which installed just fine) there is a bar across the application icon and clicking on it brings up the following message...

"you cant open the application logic pro because power pc applications are no longer supported"

Now as far as I am aware Logic 9 is the latest version, Mountain Lion is the latest OS, both are being sold on the App store so what is the problem.

I hope you can help with this as it is going to be a massive headache to get snow leopard or Lion on to this new machine which of course I would really rather not do.

Thanks,

dp

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 12:33 PM

Ok, it seems that there is something in the first update that logic does that gets round this, glad I tried the software update before uninstaling. all seems to work fine now.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Cheers,

dp

15 replies

Jan 21, 2013 4:49 PM in response to Eric Schwartz4

Make sure you didn't move or rename the Logic Pro app in your applications folder.

Check the Applications folder to make sure you have only one copy of Logic Pro app in there..

Run Logic Pro directly from the applications folder. (if this works, remove the one in your dock and replace with the one you just ran in the Applications folder..)

If you installed from the DVD versions,.,.,and you get an error message or it won't run, go to software updates and update to latest version... as the original 9.0 version will not run on Lion or Mountain Lion without an update.

If you bought and downloaded Logic Pro from the App Store... Call or contact Apple Support in your region.

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Oct 30, 2013 5:14 AM in response to creative_dave

Hi I have a legitimate copy of Logic Pro 9.

I have done a clean install to Mountain Lion, but get no upgrade options for Logic.

I have taken snapshots of my installs from a Snow Leopard clean install through to Mountain Lion and it's updates, so although it will be a pain, I can back track.

Do I need to roll back to Snow Leopard, to upgrade to the latest version of Logic Pro 9 before upgrading to Mountain Lion, please?

Max

PS I have tried/read all the other suggestions and not been entirely sure why I can't get an upgrade.

logic pro 9 and mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.