Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Successful migration from Lion Server to ML server w OD

Hi!

Has anyone of you had any success in migrating a Lion server to ML Server? I have tried this in a test environment with a Lion server 10.7.4 Mac Mini server set up with addressbook server, ical server, wiki server, OD master, and some test users and sample data, but it always fail!??!

1:st try, upgrade:

- made a bootable backup of my server to the second internal disk.

- downloaded and installed ML, logged in, downloaded OS X Server.app and ran it. it picked up server data and ran upgrading services, but failed to authenticate to OD and ignored subsequent services. 😟

2:nd try, migration:

- Installed ML on secondary drive after wiping it with disk utility.

- downloaded OS X Server.app and ran it. I choose to import data from old installation. It migrated my apps and data. I deleted Lion Server.app and downloaded OS X Server.app. it recoglized my old data and started upgrading services. Failed at the same place as before, authenticating to OD. 😟

Anyone else had similar issues and got passed them?

/Hasse

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Lion Server

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 1:20 PM

10 replies

Aug 2, 2012 2:05 AM in response to Driver28

yep, I have the same difficulties. The upgrade saves the OD data, but does not migrate it to the new OD again. I was also not able to read in the backup.diff my self, becasue it seems there is a problem with the setup OD. The dns setup is ok and working, so that is not a point of failure. I think one has to wait to 10.8.1.

Successful migration from Lion Server to ML server w OD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.