Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2008 Macbook Pro: have OS X 10.4.11 & Safari 3.0.4. Most recent updates available?

I just restored my 2008 Macbook Pro, and immediately ran a software update: The best my computer seems to produce gives me Mac OS X 10.4.11 and Safari 3.0.4. Are these the most recent updates available to me? Can I upgrade further?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2.2 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 2:30 PM

You should be running Safari 4.1.3.

Safari 4.1.3 for Tiger can be downloaded here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1069

As for Tiger itself, there will not be any further updates. Apple dropped support for Tiger some while ago.

With a MacBook Pro like yours I am surprised you have never updated your operating system.

3 replies

Aug 2, 2012 7:54 AM in response to Deborah1224

Thanks for that link. I have successfully downloaded Safari 4.1.3.

Although my Macbook Pro is older, having benefited from daily updates to all of my apps, it had been in pristine condition until a couple of summer interns got a hold of it. It was fraught with issues post interns, such as Safari frequently failing to open, unexpected shut downs, etc. Basically I moved my files and did a complete reinstall of the original software.

Can I upgrade to another operating system? I have a Macbook Pro3,1 with a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 MB L2 Cache.

Thanks.

2008 Macbook Pro: have OS X 10.4.11 & Safari 3.0.4. Most recent updates available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.