Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you find your iphone backups in your computer ?

I recently backed up my iPhone in order to restore it to fix some frequent problems. I want to find the file in which my backup is located so I can extract my photos and save them to my computer. I do not want to restore my phone because it may cause the problems I was having to reoccur. I cannot find the files anywhere. Please help me in doing so! 😟

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 3:16 PM

2 replies

Aug 8, 2012 10:11 AM in response to carissajeannette

Alexbird is correct, you need to extract the photos from the device prior to restoring it as new.

While you can use backup extractor software as alexandra suggested, this is not the ideal method.

Why would you not simply copy them off the device before restoring it? Did you also fail to sync you contacts and calendars to the computer or a cloud service? Did you actually ensure all the media that is on the device is on the computer?

Only fools rely on a single device and one so easily lost/stolen or damaged as sole storage of their content.

how do you find your iphone backups in your computer ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.